Ducts are responsible for ensuring that cooled and heated air circulates throughout a commercial facility. However, contaminants like particulates accumulate in commercial ductwork over time. Small animals and insects can also build nests in the duct system when it is not used more often. Debris, dust, and other materials can settle in the ductwork and build up at the registers and vents. Eventually, the duct system can malfunction if it is not cleaned properly.
Impacts of Dirty Commercial Ducts
When dirty, commercial ducts can have several negative effects on your facility.Major among them include:
- Low quality of the indoor air which can affect the health of workers or employees
- High amounts of pollutants like pollen, dust, and mold in the air
- More particles and dust can settle on equipment, shelves, and merchandise.
- Discomfort among customers and employees due to the poor quality of the indoor air. Employees can start to sneeze, cough, and have irritated noses and eyes.
- Increased possibilities of developing allergies like asthma attacks.
- Increased need for changing the air filter of your HVAC system
- Reduced efficiency and performance of the HVAC system due to dirty filters and components
Commercial Duct Cleaning Recommendations
Commercial duct cleaning should correspond with the maintenance of the HVAC system. This schedule is practical. However, consider more frequent cleaning. For instance, if you produce more contaminants or particulates in your commercial facility, the ductwork should be cleaned more often.The general rule of thumb is to clean commercial duct when:
- You notice mold growing in your commercial ductwork and other parts of your HVAC system.
- You notice material buildup in the ductwork. For instance, clean the duct if you notice airflow blockage or interference with the operation of the HVAC system.
- You notice contamination of the ducts with materials from animals or insects.
If materials accumulate to the ductwork to a point of causing issues among your customers or employees, cleaning the ducts is the most reasonable move. Commercial duct cleaning can be done by one of the two major processes. In some cases, the two processes can be used to clean commercial ducts.These are:
- Vacuum cleaning: Vacuum cleaning entails the attachment of a vacuum hose to the vent. Vacuum power is then used to pull materials and debris out of the air ducts. Compressed blasts of air cause the breaking up of stubborn accumulation. Registers and vents are sealed when performing this procedure.
- Pressure cleaning: With this process, pressured air is passed into the commercial ductwork. Consequently, debris is loosened and removed. A specified vent is used to blow debris out of the ductwork. The other supply vents, as well as, return registers are sealed to facilitate this process.
Both processes can be combined to yield better results.
Advantages of Commercial Duct Cleaning
Regular cleaning of commercial ducts comes with numerous benefits.Some of these benefits include:
- Improved quality of the indoor air
- Reduction of irritant and allergen levels
- Improved energy costs and airflow efficiency
- Extended life of the HVAC system
- Reduction in the risk of commercial fire
If you think that your commercial ducts are dirty, hire experts to clean them. Choose commercial duct cleaners with a sterling reputation for providing quality, safe, and efficient services. Article kindly provided by airductcleaningwinnipeg.com